Installation of the Bolt Weight

Product support and suggestions and all other things related to BoreBuddy products

Moderator: Renaissanceman

pjhurley01@gmail.com

Installation of the Bolt Weight

Post by pjhurley01@gmail.com »

How is the bolt weight installed? I was unable to locate instructions on performing this step.

Thanks in advance
pjhurley01@gmail.com

Re: Installation of the Bolt Weight

Post by pjhurley01@gmail.com »

Disregard the question - Figured it out. Depressing the firing pin on the rear of the carrier, allowed the weight to slip into place securely.
Renaissanceman

Post by Renaissanceman »

The bolt weight slips behind the bolt with the notched side to the rear. The notch engages the corresponding notch on the underside of the spring shroud. There is some degree of variation from bolt group to bolt group since the shroud is welded to the bolt, so sometimes the bolt weight is quite tight, and other times it's got some room to wiggle around. The slop isn't a problem, but can cause faster wear on the weight's notch.

I'm glad you got it figured out, and you'll find that since your bolt sounds like it's on the tighter end of the fit, you should have very little wear to the notch on the weight. Let us all know how the weight works once you have a chance to take it to the range. What is your rifle's setup?
mecompco

Post by mecompco »

Is it possible that the weight and/or bolt is a hair too tight to fit? Or must more force be applied? I'm assuming the weight should "lock" into the notch so it can't easily fall out sideways.

Thanks!
ckou2987

Post by ckou2987 »

If the weight adjustments can and does slide out of the side of the bcg what should I do?