Recommendations for a dedicated setup...

All things rimfire and AR pattern related

Moderator: Quiet22

tailofdlu

Recommendations for a dedicated setup...

Post by tailofdlu »

I have an MP15 that I've done the CMMG .22 conversion bolt. I've got the weighted setup, buffer plug, and several other add-ons, which has made us really happy, but I want to convert to a dedicated now. I was finally able to get the pencil barrel (been a year waiting on stock) and I believe I've found the receiver I want (if it will stay in stock waiting on payday), but I'm not sure what I will need for a Guard. I'm new to this, but I'm assuming the guards are expecting normal barrel sizes. Also, this will be a gas block free system, and I'm not sure what to do there.

So basically, with the RTB 16" .22 AR Barrel, Pencil Lightweight Profile - .22LR barrel (RTB22LR16LW) and the Aero Precision Mil-Spec AR-15 Upper Receiver (https://www.wingtactical.com/firearm-pa ... tocknotify) assembled, what guard will I need?

Also, except the barrel collar, is there anything else I will need?
Renaissanceman

Re: Recommendations for a dedicated setup...

Post by Renaissanceman »

Any free float type handguard should work just fine. The collar will convert your bolt to work with the dedicated barrel, and from there you can see how it runs before buying any needed upgrade parts.
tailofdlu

Re: Recommendations for a dedicated setup...

Post by tailofdlu »

Cool. Thx!